MUSIC STUDIED – EXAMPLES
Some examples of music studied at Ascot The range of music studied is very wide and this is by no means an exhaustive list. The Easter Early Music Course library is available to all participants and includes a complete set of Bernard Thomas’ Early Music Library series.
Larger scale pieces recently studied in tutti sessions and in polychoral sessions include:
- Tallis: Spem in alium à40
- Striggio: Ecce beatem lucem à40
- Gabrieli: Kyrie à16
- Canzon à8 Josquin:
- Qui habitat à24
- Malvezzi: O fortunato giorno à17
- Ockeghem: Deo gratias à36
- Charpentier Sonate pour quatre parties de violes
- Padovano Mass for 24 voices
- Praetorius numerous large-scale motets, including Wachet Auf à20
Trio sonatas by a large number of 17th and 18th century composers have been studied, along with most of the repertoire for viol consorts and recorder ensembles of all sizes.